Monday, May 11, 2009

Trust and courtesy

It has been a long time since such a thing happened to me……..I have only seen people doing such things when I was a small girl! Yesterday I paid few thousand riyals (Qatari currency) to a very nice man (professional who owns a real estate and car rental company) for a rental car. He simply put it in his pocket without counting! I had to insist that he counted it at least once in front of me. He gave me a questioning look filled with embarrassment and then did it.

Are such trusting people still left on the face of this earth? Wow! Granted he might have counted the money after I left, but still it’s been a while since I experienced this kind of courtesy to fellow people. Glad to get back in touch with some of these roots that so make up Asian culture :-)

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right. It is very hard to find such people these days.

    ReplyDelete